Feeman matches career high four aces and five blocks in fourth-straight win
ALBANY, New York (October 26, 2019) – The Stonehill College volleyball team won its fourth-straight match with a 3-1 victory over the College of Saint Rose Saturday afternoon at Nolan Gymnasium with set scores of 25-20, 23-25, 25-21, and 25-11 in Northeast-10 Conference play.
By The Numbers:
- Stonehill (13-7, 6-2 NE10) saw junior Sophia Poveda with 14 kills, eight digs, and three aces, while freshman Basia Peragine chipped in 10 kills.
- Senior Rachel Dunlavy recorded a match-high 16 digs, as sophomore Clare Feeman registered four aces, a match high and a career high, and matched her career high of five blocks.
- Saint Rose (10-13, 3-5 NE10) saw Stevie Schweitzer with a team-high eight kills, while Tina Ceriello chipped in a team-high 15 digs.
- Anna Maggiolo and Kyla Archie led the match with six blocks and Cassidy Smith tallied four of her own.
How it Happened:
- In the first game, Stonehill and Saint Rose traded points before the Golden Knights went on a 9-1 to lead, 16-12. The Skyhawks then fought back with a 13-4 run to take game one, 25-20.
- The two teams once again traded points in the second game, as Stonehill was only able to hold a three-point advantage and the Golden Knights held a four-point lead, before Saint Rose tied the match with a set score of 25-23.
- After six tied scores, 8-8, Stonehill ran with the lead in the third game, as Saint Rose was only able to come within four points six times. Stonehill took back the lead with a score of 25-20 in the fourth game, 2-1.
- Stonehill saw the highest hitting percentage of the match in the fourth set, as the Skyhawks averaged .333 at the net. Throughout the fourth game, Stonehill controlled the lead following a kill by the Golden Knights' Elizabeth Johnson to make it 3-1. The Skyhawks went on a 11-1 run to hold an eight-point advantage, 12-4, and the Golden Knights only came within six, 7-13, before Stonehill won their fourth-straight game, 25-11.
Outside the Lines:
- Stonehill has now won four-straight NE10 matches for its longest win streak this season.
- The Skyhawks have now won three of the last four meetings with the Golden Knights.
Stonehill hosts Pace University on Friday, November 1 for a NE10 battle in Merkert Gymnasium with a 7:00 p.m. start time.
During the month of October, the Skyhawks will be collecting donations for the Side-Out Foundation to help fund breast cancer education and cutting edge research and treatment. If you would like to make a donation, please click here to access the Stonehill Volleyball Side-Out Foundation Campaign.
For the latest on Stonehill Athletics, follow the Skyhawks via social media on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Fans can also download the Stonehill Skyhawks "Front Row" mobile app, powered by PrestoSports, on iTunes and the Android Market.