Feeman led the Skyhawks with three blocks
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut (October 15, 2019) – The Stonehill College volleyball fell to the University of Bridgeport, 3-0, in non-conference play Tuesday night at Hubbell Gym with set scores of 15-25, 22-25, 24-26.
By The Numbers:
- Junior Sophia Poveda and freshman Basia Peragine each tallied seven kills, as Poveda notched seven digs as well.
- Senior Rachel Dunlavy registered a match-high 18 digs and two aces.
- Sophomore Clare Feeman chipped in three blocks.
- The Purple Knights' saw Morgan Knight record 10 kills, while Emily Buford and Amanda Keller each chipped in seven kills.
- Keller also registered a match-high six blocks, as Datari Mathis tallied four blocks.
How it happened:
- Bridgeport's .294 hitting percentage was the game changer in the first set, as they outhit Stonehill taking game one, 25-15. The Skyhawks were only able to tie the set once, 1-1, and stay within one, 9-10, before the Purple Knights went on a 10-2 run taking the first game.
- Stonehill saw its first lead of the match in game two, 3-2, and they followed that up by tying the set five times, before the Purple Knights took set two, 25-22.
- The Skyhawks fought back hard in the third game fighting back from a four-point deficit, 6-10, with a 6-1 run for a one-point advantage, 12-11. Stonehill saw their own four-point lead, 19-15, before the score toggled back and forth, as Bridgeport went on an 11-5 run to secure a 25-23 victory for their third-straight victory.
Peragine matched a team-high seven kills, as Poveda also tallied seven kills
Outside the Lines:
- Bridgeport remains undefeated at home (5-0)
- Stonehill wrapped up their schedule 7-5 in non-conference play
Stonehill (9-7, 2-2 NE10) will resume Northeast-10 Conference play as they travel to Colchester, Vermont on Saturday, October 19 to face Saint Michael's College for a 1:00 p.m. match.
During the month of October, the Skyhawks will be collecting donations for the Side-Out Foundation to help fund breast cancer education and cutting edge research and treatment. If you would like to make a donation, please click here to access the Stonehill Volleyball Side-Out Foundation Campaign.
For the latest on Stonehill Athletics, follow the Skyhawks via social media on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Fans can also download the Stonehill Skyhawks "Front Row" mobile app, powered by PrestoSports, on iTunes and the Android Market.